Zachary might not have known it was his birthday, but he certainly understood that the day was all about him. He loved the singing, the presents and all the attention.
I made Zachary's first cake. Not bad for my first attempt, but I have a long way to go if I plan to keep this up. I made a cake in the shape of 1 and wrote his name in blue frosting. I topped it off with a #1 candle. Zachary wasn't too interested in getting messy with his piece of cake. He actually stuck his fingers in the cake on accident before we even finished singing Happy Birthday. Once I gave him a piece he got his fingers a little messy then wanted mommy to feed him the cake. But he loved the yummy cake and wanted to eat lots.
It is so hard to believe how fast this first year has gone by. It seems like only yesterday that I was pregnant or up for middle of the night feedings. And now here we are! Zachary has his one year check up tomorrow, so I will have an update on his height, weight and development. He is pulling up and standing up all the time. He will walk if someone holds his hands. He can stand on his own for a few seconds but has not tried taking steps on his own. But I don't think it will be long. He has an amazing vocabulary of words including mama, dada, baby, uh oh, bye bye, block, sock, ball, balloon. He talks all the time, and his vocabulary is continuing to increase. I will post an update after his visit with the pediatrician.
For now, here are some fun pictures from the birthday party!

So excited!

Just in case anyone forgot, his shirt reminded them
that he was the birthday boy!

The cake

We were singing Happy Birthday but Zachary
wanted something that his cousin had.

Oops, stuck my fingers in the cake. Yuck, get
this off my fingers mom!

What a yucky mess!






It looks like Zachary had a wonderful first birthday! I hope all is well with you. Keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDelete