Monday, May 10, 2010

A Wonderful First Mother's Day
















Mothers Day definitely feels a little different when you are actually a mommy. II feel so blessed to have such a wonderful hubby and a sweet, sweet son. God has blessed with me with far more than I will ever deserve. I had a great first mothers day. We took Zachary to church for the first time, and it was parent/child dedication day. Zachary and two other babies were dedicated during the service. It was such a special time to share him with everyone at church and to commit to raising him in a Christian environment while teaching him of God's love. We had lots of family there to support us, and of course our wonderful church family. It was so exciting to have the pastor who married us also be the one to dedicate Zachary to God. We came back to our house for lunch with Dale's parents, Dale's sister and her family, and Kelly and her boyfriend.

My family was not able to be here this weekend but sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers in honor of my first mothers day. Thank you mom, dad, Scott, Sherri and Jeffrye. Please keep my parents in your prayers as my dad's health is not great, and my mom is caring for him. Dad was not planning to come this weekend but mom was. Dad fell a few days before the weekend and mom really felt she needed to stay home w/ him. I know she wanted to be here w/ me and Zachary, but it was best for her to be with my dad. I pray that his level of independence will improve or that God will provide a trustworthy caregiver to allow my mom a break from time to time.

The pictures from the dedication ceremony did not turn out very well but I am posting a couple of them. Fortunately the church took a couple of family pictures that we hope will turn out well. I am also posting a picture of the beautiful flowers that my family sent me. And of course a couple of updated pictures of Zachary. He is just continuing to grow and develop. We have his 2 month check up this week. I will post an update after that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment