Ever since the storms two weeks ago we have been without phone, cable and internet at our house. No internet = no blog and no facebook. I finally realized that I could at least type an update (from work), but I am not able to post any pictures. Sorry.
We had a wonderful Easter. While it was Zachary's second Easter, it was his first Easter as a big boy. He looked so cute in his new shirt! We went to church then went to Mammaw and Pappaw Ledford's house for a yummy lunch. Zachary had lots of fun playing with Nicholas and Lydia. He got an Easter basket from Mommy and Daddy that had bubbles and a book in it. So he played outside with bubbles most of the afternoon. He loves bubbles!
We had terrible storms almost two weeks ago. Our neighbors tree uprooted and fell on her house and ours. We were so fortunate to only have minimal damage to our house. We will be getting a new roof as well as repairs to our gutters and privacy fence. But our neighbors house was crushed. She is actually having to move out for approx 3 months to have all of the repairs done. But most importantly, her son who was in the house was not injured. Also, Dale had a tree fall on one of his rental properties. His family also lost a great deal of their farm house and assorted buildings in Trenton. My heart goes out to so many families who lost homes, family members, businesses, etc.
We had a great Mother's Day weekend. My mom came for a visit, and she and I took Zachary to the aquarium on Saturday. We treated her to Mexican food Sat night at one of our favorite places, and she headed home on Sunday. My very sweet family sent me flowers, and my very sweet husband bought me flowers on Sunday from he and Zachary. I also got a card that Zachary made at daycare. All in all it was a wonderful weekend.
As for Zachary, he is walking all the over the place now. He has gotten very steady on his feet in just a matter of weeks. He is even running on occasion. I picked him up at daycare last week, and he ran all the way down the hall to me. He is currently cutting molars, which has been very hard on him. A lot of drooling and pain and some waking up at night. But he's a tough little man, and he will get through it. He is getting so big, and his hair is growing a lot. He is actually scheduled to get his first trim next weekend. Just a baby trim for the hairs that are growing over his ears and his curls in the back. I promised Daddy just a trim and that the curls would still be there. We go to the pediatrician next month for his 15 month check-up and shots then won't have to follow-up until he is 2! He is moving up to the Toddler 1 class in a few weeks. This is perfect timing for summer, because they get to go outside everyday in that class. I think it will be a fun change for him, because lots of fun things in that class like coloring, fingerpainting, and gymnastics.
Hopefully our internet will be restored very soon, and I can add some pictures!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment